Titolo: Innovative Methodologies, ADvanced processes and systEms for Fashion and Wellbeing in Footwear
Area: 1- Fabbrica per prodotti personalizzati
Call topic: 1.1 – Metodologie per la progettazione congiunta di prodotti personalizzati, processi e sistemi produttivi
Coordinatore: Istituto di Tecnologie Industriali e Automazione – CNR, Via Bassini 15, 20133 Milan, Italy
- Istituto di Tecnologie Industriali e Automazione – CNR, Via Bassini 15, 20133 Milan, Italy
- Dipartimento di Tecnica e Gestione dei sistemi industriali – Università degli Studi di Padova, Stradella San Nicola 3 – 36100 Vicenza, Italy
Gruppo di interesse industriale:
- GreyMer S.r.l. (San Mauro Pascoli (FC))
- Italian Converter s.r.l. (Vigevano (PV))
- Optoprim S.r.l. (Monza (MB))
- Politecnico Calzaturiero s.c.a.r.l. (Vigonza (UD))
Abstract: Full adoption of collaborative production methodologies and technologies are crucial for Italian Footwear Industry to respond to consumers demand, strongly focused on personalization and value adding on aesthetics, health and innovative functionalities.
MADE4FOOT addresses the design, production and distribution of small series of healthy and fashionable footwear with wide market impact, supporting the whole value chain to:
- manage consumer data to know customer needs, involve consumer into design and product configuration phases, transforming its requirements in product specification,
- Implement practices during design phase to take into consideration needs of product functionalization in terms of comfort, wearability
- manage the collaboration with suppliers in order to plan and delivery products on time changing the approach to networking for personalized products,
- implement innovative manufacturing machines for Laser Engraving, additive manufacturing for supporting personalization.
Ideas and solutions:
MADE4FOOT addresses the design, production and distribution of small series of footwear with wide market impact, supporting the whole value chain to identify customer needs and transform requirements in product specification.
Results contribute to help the Italian manufacturing industry to adapt to global competitive pressures by increasing their technological base for adaptable and customizable production.
Solutions proposed by MADE4FOOT are:
- innovative machine for manufacturing of customized parts: a multi-purpose laser machine for cutting, marking and engraving for leather preparation
- Innovative control system for 3D printing to guarantee efficient production of personalized components based on Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM).
- Supply chain methods and tools to support customization strategies based on the re-engineering of inter-organizational business processes.
The project allows companies to change production paradigm with the aim to increase performance of the overall system not in terms of more but better products. Some performance to be impacted by the project will be:
- Reduction of physical sample avoiding make-to-stock
- On-time delivery due to better supply chain co-ordination
- Integration of design-production-supply to reduce time to market of personalized products
- From MADE4FOOT to CD-NET: Tool for Customer-driven Supply Networks configuration
- On the basis of the results of the MADE4FOOT project, CD-NET aims to develop an innovative tool to support the design and management of supply networks for customized production. The tool allows the creation of different scenarios to configure the collaboration with suppliers based on performance measurement to make networks more flexible and sustainable towards personalized products. The tool has been developed with the support of more than 10 Italian footwear companies.
- The tool is based on discrete-event simulation of supply networks in footwear companies and is based on data collected from companies interviewed during the project. The tool allows the comparison of alternative scenarios understanding how the overall performance of the network is influenced by suppliers’ performance. The simulation guarantees the possibility to the user to evaluate different Key Performance Indicators, including also sustainability parameters.
- Moreover the tool has a dedicated web user interface for facilitating data input and the visualization of results. For company adopting this tool, it will be possible to evaluate the performance of each supplier and optimize the configuration of their supply network by allocating the production of the future collections at the best suppliers and identifying the performance of the entire supply chain.